‘Forgotten Me’ reboot is almost done, says Kenan Thompson

In late 2019, “ Forgot Me ” fans were surprised when Disney + announced a remake of the classic starring Macaulay Culkin in 1990.

Since then, there have been updates on the cast and plot of the new film, which will accompany the character of Archie Yates trying to get rid of a few thieves when he accidentally steals something that is theirs.

Despite all this, the streaming platform has yet to release a release date for the feature… But that could change soon!

During an interview with Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live, Kenan Thompson gave some behind-the-scenes details and confirmed that the film is almost ready.

“This film was hard work. It was a long filming season. We started in Canada, but we have to stop because of the pandemic. But I think they are almost done because I remember they were already in the last stages. So, it comes out.

Unfortunately, Thompson didn’t want to say anything about his character, known only as Gavin.

In addition to the star, Ally Maki (‘Toy Story 4’) and Chris Parnell (‘Angels of the Law’) will also be cast.

Enjoy watching:

It has just been said that Maki will bring a character named Mei to life, while Parnell must have a bigger role, as he will bring “the protagonist’s beloved uncle” to life.

Recalling that rumors have already pointed out that Macauly Culkin would be in negotiations to reprise his role as Kevin McCallister in the project.

Apparently, the star is only supposed to record supporting scenes, helping the new protagonist on his mission against the thief couple.

Although originally believed to be Yates’ parents, sources claim that Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney will bring the antagonists to life.

Archie Yates, Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney

Dan Mazer will be in charge of management. He is known for his work on “Taking Time Out” and “Borat”.

Mikey Day and Streeter Seidell signed the screenplay, which centers on a couple who went to war with a young boy who stole something from them – a change from the original premise.

Hutch Parker and Dan Wilson are in charge of production. Melissa McCarthy and Will Ferrell are in negotiations to play the protagonists.

The reboot announcement was accompanied by a backlash from more nostalgic fans, who criticized Disney’s decision to DIY a classic.

Check:

restart they forgot about me WHAT if everyone knows that none> will ever be

– winny sneezly ✪ (@deandilaurentiz) August 7, 2019

This forgot about me remake will work like? The family forgets Kevin, he sends a message to his mother, does she send an uber to pick him up and are they all going to spend the holidays in Paris together?

– julha (@juliamonteirofr) August 7, 2019

Disney wants to do it again they forgot me, someone for them https://t.co/luNyS3wpgc

– Leo (@leokjls) August 7, 2019

I only accept a new movie called “They Forgot Me” if it stars Macaulay Culkin and is a very depressing drama in which he is alone in a comic book, no one cares about him, totally forgot about him. everyone … otherwise, no need to go outside … https://t.co/oTQJ6uyqBk pic.twitter.com/2BRoEiSFV5

– forlani (@forlani) August 7, 2019

I don’t see any sense in doing a remake of Forgot Me. The story takes on its full meaning with this era. Any justification writers create for the script to work in the 21st century will not have the same impact. https://t.co/E64Bw6AifU

– Fernanda H. da Rosa (@fehdarosa) August 7, 2019

The only justification for a remake of Mim’s Esqueceram would be if the proposal were to show the trauma of bandits who were tortured by a child very attached to material possessions.

– illumiNAT (@ Nlia13) August 7, 2019

Macaulay Culkin was the first kid in the entertainment world to receive a millionaire salary for a single production, around $ 8 million.

Remember the trailer for the original feature film, directed by Chris Columbus:

Make sure to watch:

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL http: //bit.ly/CinePOP_Inscribe

Exit mobile version