In this life we have encounters and disagreements. The Internet has turned everything upside down and for those who are smart to get closer to idols or moviegoers who would never have the chance to know their thoughts if the distance between the two points did not exist, as is currently the case on Internet planet. Sharing fun facts about moviegoers is a great exercise that we all love to experience. This special comes precisely to present worlds different from yours, but always with a great love for cinema like yours.
Think of a nice person, good people who like to talk about cinema? Rogério Machado is a lover of the seventh art, a cinephile who goes to the cinema every week to discover some good beginnings on the circuit. His website, Papo de Cinemateca (www.papodecinemateca.com.br) has great stories, reviews and we quickly realized how much of a love and affection project it is. To get to know this Niteroi cinephile better, he answered our questions for this special.
1) In your city, what is your favorite movie theater in relation to the programming? Detail the reason for the choice.
In the cultural reserve of Niterói. Because the house excels for diverse content in cinema, and also for having a very expensive partnership with my website, Papo de Cinemateca.
2) What is the first movie that you remember seeing and thinking: the cinema is a different place.
Avatar, by James Cameron.
3) Who is your favorite director and his favorite movie?
There are a lot of them, but I’ll highlight Baz Luhrmann, and my favorite movie is Moulin Rouge.
4) What is your favorite national film and why?
I like Dois Coelhos by Afonso Poyart, precisely for all the innovation of a new concept in our cinema.
5) What does being a cinephile mean to you?
Watch movies every day and always try to fit this program into the lives of those who are always with you.
6) Do you think that most of the theaters you know have programming made by people who understand cinema?
7) Will cinemas ever end?
I do not believe. Hearings will always be renewed.
8) Name a movie that you think many haven’t seen but it’s awesome.
End of the century, a very recent Argentinian feature film, still unseen here.
9) Do you think theaters should reopen before having a vaccine against covid-19?
With great care and reducing capacity, I think it should.
10) How do you see the quality of Brazilian cinema today?
One of the best in the world. Without fear I say this. With more investment, we would be unbeatable.
11) Tell the Brazilian artist that you don’t miss a movie.
12) Define cinema with a sentence:
Life and dreams.
13) Tell an unusual story that you witnessed in a movie theater:
It was with me that scene. I had a sudden labyrinthitis attack at the very start of the session in Rio, Eu te Amo (2014). It’s a strong crisis, when it happens, I even vomit… everything continues… It’s true. It was unpleasant, but I saw the movie until the end. Now is to be a movie buff! (laughs) Thank goodness that episode didn’t happen again, at least in a movie theater.
Make sure you watch:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL 🚨http: //bit.ly/CinePOP_Subscribe