Ray Fisher recently confirmed that Warner Bros. officially dismissed the actor as Cyborg, and the character was cut from “The Flash.”
And while Fisher remained admirably steadfast, in a new interview he admitted that he would be open to the possibility of reliving the character, but only if the studio made peace.
“I’m not really expecting anything, am I?” Mainly dealing with large studios. Often times, they will find a way to challenge any expectations you might have. But, I think we can start with an acknowledgment and apology for what is clearly known to be a lie. So we can see where it goes from there. We can have this conversation, but I think that’s where the accountability begins. We can come to the table and say, “These are the things that happened, let’s try.” There seems to be this kind of narrative, I don’t know why, but there is this thing that, if you apologize, denotes a weakness. I am ready to talk about it. On the contrary, people are ready to take the first step. Like I said, I don’t have a lot of expectations about it, ”he said.
The actor is disgusted because he believes that DC chief Walter Hamada intervened in the investigation in which he alleged abuse on the set of “ Justice League ”.
“I have received official confirmation that Warner Bros. Pictures has decided to withdraw me from the cast of The Flash, ”Fisher began. “I totally disagree with their decision, but it’s not surprising. Despite the misunderstanding, Cyborg’s involvement in The Flash was far more than a cameo – and while I regret the missed opportunity to bring Victor Stone back to the screen, publicizing Walter Hamada’s actions will turn out to be a very important contribution. our world. “
Last week it was announced that Walter Hamada has renewed his contract as president of DC Films and will remain in office until 2023.
Fisher criticized the decision on his Twitter profile and revealed that he would not be working in DC while Walter Hamada was in charge of the studio – resulting in his character being removed from “ The Flash ”.
Fisher suggested that Hamada be investigated for abusive behavior behind the scenes of the film.
In the post, the star points out that Hamada also worked with Geoff Johns, a producer who is being investigated internally by Warner for the same reason.
Fisher seemed annoyed to say that Warner “forgot to mention that Hamada was working with Johns at the same time as the” Justice League “remakes, when the abuse episodes were reported.
Fisher had previously said he would never work with Hamada again because of his lies.
“Walter Hamada is the most dangerous type of liar there is. His lies and the September 4 contact from the Warner Bros. press office. aimed to undermine the real issues behind the Justice League investigation. I will not participate in any film produced by him, ”he said.
Actor Ray Fisher has made serious accusations against director Joss Whedon, claiming executive producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg allowed “disgusting and abusive” behavior while filming “Justice League”.
“Joss Whedon’s treatment on set with the cast and crew of the Justice League was disgusting, abusive, unprofessional and totally unacceptable. This was allowed, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. Responsibility> Entertainment, ”he said.
Joss Wheadon’s on-set treatment of the Justice League cast and crew was rude, abusive, unprofessional and totally unacceptable.
It was empowered, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.
– Ray Fisher (@ ray8fisher) July 1, 2020
Soon after, director Kevin Smith backed actor Ray Fisher and revealed more details about Joss Whedon’s behavior on the set of ‘Justice League’.
According to him, there were already backstage stories that Joss Whedon was “denigrating” Zack Snyder’s work.
In the most recent episode of the Fatman Beyond podcast, Kevin Smith endorsed Fisher’s comments:
“One day I visited the set of The Ascension Skywalker, and I was talking to people who had worked on both versions of Justice League. Special effects specialists said Joss used to say bad things about Zack’s version [Snyder]. He cut, threw, and was negative about the version of Zack he had watched and all of these people had done together. They said the whole thing was very toxic, ”he said.
The actor who lived the Cyborg even claimed that executive producer Geoff Johns even threatened his career. After the complaint, Warner Bros. began an investigation to uncover the truth behind the allegations.
Whedon and Johns have remained silent after Fisher’s claims in July.
However, recently Warner Bros. said the actor is not cooperating with investigations.
Read the full statement from Warner Bros:
In July, representatives for Ray Fisher asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to speak to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of “Justice League.” The two had spoken before when Mr. Hamada asked him to rehearse his role as Cyborg in The Flash, along with other members of the Justice League. In his July conversation, Mr. Fisher reported on disagreements he had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that the suggested revisions to the script had not been adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are an integral part of the production process and that the writer / director of a film should ultimately be responsible for these issues. Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would bring his concerns to WarnerMedia so that it can investigate.
Although Mr. Fisher never alleged misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless opened an investigation into concerns he had raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent investigator. The investigator has made several attempts to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns, but so far Mr. Fisher has refused to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to the responsibility and well-being of each member of the cast and crew in each of their productions. He also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegations of misconduct, which Mr. Fisher has yet to provide.
Remember that the role of the Cyborg has been significantly reduced in the Whedon remakes, but Zack Snyder has promised that he will give the character the deserved prominence in the new cut of the film, which is set to debut in 2021 on HBO Max.
Check out the promotional images:
Make sure to watch:
🚨 SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL 🚨http: //bit.ly/CinePOP_Inscribe