Last year, John Boyega made it clear that he had no interest in reprise his role as Finn in any new “Star Wars” movies.
At the time, he spoke to GQ and made serious racism charges against Disney.
The star claimed the studio is deliberately putting black and Asian characters aside in the franchise’s current trilogy. This is because Finn and Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) had much smaller roles in “The Skywalker Rise”.
However, it looks like he’s gone again and is ready to return to the galaxy far, far away.
The information was revealed by a Twitter user, who shared a statement in which Boyega said:
“Anyway, I’m open to conversation as long as Kathleen [Kennedy], NOT A WORD [Abrams], and maybe someone else and the team are there, I don’t know.
“This is John Boyega who says he’s ready to come back [para ‘Star Wars‘] as long as it’s with Kathy, the old team and maybe even [o diretor] JJ Abrams. #ContinueReyandFinnsStory “
anyway here’s John Boyega saying he’s ready to come back as long as it’s with Kathy, the old crew, and maybe even JJ #ContinueReyandFinnsStory pic.twitter.com/r4gPK4GiSJ
– Palpamemes (@PalpyYT) May 25, 2021
By the time Boyega brought the charges, Disney executives had been trying to convince the star to back down on the case.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the star said he had met with representatives from the studio to clarify the situation.
“Just after [o meu desabafo], I was confronted with them [executivos da Disney], but we had a very honest and transparent conversation. There was a lot of explanation from them as to their way of seeing things [sobre meu personagem em ‘Star Wars‘]. They also allowed me to better explain my experience. [ao trabalhar com eles]. “
“I just hope that the next studio employees will be more aware. I am so open when I talk about my career, I hope my reviews gain value and can be a way to help those who work in the film industry. I don’t want it to become taboo because it bothers someone. “
Sadly, the franchise’s result in ‘Star Wars: The Skywalker Rise’ had the worst approval rating of any movie, registering just 52% on Rotten Tomatoes. Just behind are ‘The Phantom Menace’ (53%) and ‘The Attack of the Clones’ (65%).
And you, what did you think of the outcome of the Skywalker saga?
Watch our review:
Directed by JJ Abrams, the new film brings the denouement of the new trilogy.
The Resistance survivors face the First Order once again in the final chapter of the Skywalker Saga.
The massive cast includes Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Loud, Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, Kery Russell and veterans Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams.
Carrie Fisher also appears as General Leia Organa through the use of previously unreleased footage from “The Force Awakens”.
Make sure you watch:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL 🚨http: //bit.ly/CinePOP_Subscribe